Celebrate the Grenfell Legend
In 1892, a British doctor named Wilfred Grenfell arrived in St. Anthony, where he commenced building a medical system that has grown to serve the entire region of Northern Newfoundland and coastal Labrador. During his time, Dr. Grenfell’s adventures and accomplishments were renowned throughout the world. An interpretation centre allows guests to walk in the footsteps of Sir Wilfred Grenfell celebrating his life and times through a gallery of interpretative paneling and displays. Nearby Grenfell House Museum, built between 1909 and 1910, was the home of Dr. Grenfell, his wife Anne, and their three children. The building was regarded as the “castle” because it sits on the side of a hill overlooking his legacy.